Our Aims and Values
New Gorbals Housing Association was set up by local people who had a strong vision of how they wanted the Association to operate. This vision is reflected in our aims and values.
Our Key Aims
Central to all aspects of our work are our key aims:
- To provide the highest possible quality housing, environment and services to all of our customers
- To maximise our contribution to the overall regeneration of the Gorbals, addressing wherever possible the needs of those in the community who are disadvantaged.
Our Core Values
Our core values are reflected in how we deliver our service. These are:
- Completing the physical regeneration of the Gorbals
- Keeping rents affordable, and supporting our tenants in dealing with welfare cuts and the high cost of energy
- Providing high quality, value for money services, and managing our assets effectively
- Strengthening our engagement and communication with tenants and the wider community
- Making Gorbals a Thriving Place
- Ensuring that we are a cost-effective and well-managed organisation, achieving high standards of governance and of financial probity and competence.